Don’t know where to start with your custom closet? You’re not alone! Many people feel overwhelmed when it comes to designing their dream closet. But don’t worry, we’re here to help! In this blog post, we will discuss the basics of custom closet design and give you a few tips on how to get started. So whether you’re looking for more storage space or want to add a touch of style to your wardrobe, read on for some helpful advice on closet makeover ideas!
When it comes to custom closets, the sky is the limit! But before you start planning your dream closet, it’s important to take a step back and assess your needs. Are you looking for more storage space? Or do you want to add a touch of style to your wardrobe? Once you know what you’re looking for, you can start planning your custom closet design.
If you’re looking for more storage space, consider adding some custom shelving or cabinets to your closet. This will give you the extra space you need to store all of your clothes, shoes, and accessories. When it comes to customizing your closet, there are many different types of shelves and cabinets to choose from.
Built In Shelves
One popular option is the built-in shelf, which can be customized to fit any space. Built-in shelves are a great way to add extra storage without taking up too much space.
Another popular option is the floating shelf, which appears to float on the wall without any visible supports. Floating shelves are perfect for displaying items such as pictures or plants.
Cabinets come in many different sizes and can be made from a variety of materials, such as wood, glass, or metal. When choosing cabinets for your custom closet, it’s important to consider both functionality and style. With so many options available, you’re sure to find the perfect shelves and cabinets to suit your needs.
- Wood- Wood shelves are the most popular option, as they are strong and durable.
- Laminate- Laminate shelves are a cheaper alternative to wood, but they are not as sturdy.
- Metal- Metal shelves are very strong and can support a lot of weight, but they can also be very expensive.
- Glass- Glass shelves look stylish and elegant, but they require more careful cleaning to avoid scratches.
- Wire- Wire shelves offer the advantage of being lighter and easier to install, but they may not be as durable.
- Plastic- Plastic shelves are a budget-friendly option, but also may not be as sturdy as other materials.
If you’re looking to add a touch of style to your wardrobe, consider adding some decorative elements to your closet, such as a clothes rack or a mirror. No matter what your goal is, there are plenty of custom closet ideas to choose from!
A Few Ideas
Adding a few personal touches to your closet can make a big difference in terms of both style and function. One way to do this is to add some decorative elements to your closet design.
- You could add some removable wallpaper or contact paper to the back of your shelves. This can add a pop of color or pattern to your space, and it can also help to protect your walls from scuffs and scratches.
- An additional option is to add some custom lighting fixtures. This can provide both ambient and task lighting, and it can also be used to highlight certain features of your closet, such as clothing racks or shelving units.
- Another way to add a personal touch is by choosing unique hardware for the doors and drawers. This could include colorful knobs or handles, or even fun decals.
- You can also install a mirror, which can help you get ready for your day or check your appearance before leaving the house.
- Don’t forget to add hooks or racks for hanging belts, scarves, purses, or other items.
- Color: adding a pop of color to your closet can help to brighten up the space and make it more inviting. Whether you choose to paint the walls or add some colorful accessories, be sure to select shades that complement your existing décor.
- Pattern: want to add a touch of luxury to your closet? Consider incorporating a pattern into your design. From bold animal prints to delicate florals, there are endless possibilities. Just be sure to consider the overall aesthetic of your space when making your selection.
- Texture: adding texture to your closet can help to create visual interest and add a touch of coziness. A faux fur throw or a plush rug are perfect ways to add some extra texture to the space.
These are just a few of the many ways that you can put your own personal stamp on a custom closet design. So start brainstorming and let your imagination run wild!
Once you know what you want to achieve with your custom closet, it’s time to start planning the design. When it comes to custom closets, there are two main types of design: storage-based and style-based. Storage-based designs focus on creating more space for your belongings, while style-based designs focus on adding a touch of personal style to your closet. If you’re not sure which type of design is right for you, our team of experts can help!
Let’s Make Your Dreams Come True
Designing a custom closet design can be a daunting task, but with a little planning and creativity, you can easily create the closet of your dreams! With these tips in mind, you’ll be on your way to designing a functional and stylish custom closet that meets all of your needs. For more ideas and advice on custom closets, be sure to check out our website or give us a call at JB Closets today!